Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Balaji Loganathan <ba...@yahoo.com> on 2002/08/13 18:00:17 UTC

placing files

Hi,
  What is the best place for putting xsl,generated
xml,xsl:fo files...

  At present i'm using like this

  web-inf-
  	|-classes =>all servlets files goes here
  	|-lib =>all jars like fop.jar
  	|-xml_xsl_fo => all xsl,xsl:fo,newly created XML
files etc goes here
  	|-templates => all velocity templates goes here

 And i'm using getServletContext().getRealPath("") in
my servlets for locating base
 directory for images in xsl:fo and xslt etc.,

 How far its SAFE and platform independent?

 I don't want xml,xslfiles exposed directly to the
user.
 Please comment.

 Regards
 Balaji

http://digital.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Digital How To
- Get the best out of your PC!

Re: placing files

Posted by Balaji Loganathan <ba...@yahoo.com>.
hi,
  U r right.Its works as long as you don't have
images,
but my problem i have some images and FOP expects to
have either the images in base directory or hard coded
from root drive.
Regards
Balaji

 --- "Philip S. Constantinou" <ph...@wayfinder.net>
wrote: > I've been using the classloader to get the
files and
> I just put the XSL
> templates in the class path.

this.getClass().getResourceAsStream("/xsl/myTemplate.xsl").

Re: placing files

Re: placing files

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Balaji Loganathan wrote:
> Hi,
>   What is the best place for putting xsl,generated
> xml,xsl:fo files...

That's a rather unFOPpish question. You should
select a forum dealing with WebApps in general,
and WebApp security in particular. Our job is to
take FOs and produce something else, not WebApp
design.

J.Pietschmann