Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Olaf Flebbe <of...@oflebbe.de> on 2017/12/10 08:59:07 UTC

Aarch64 status

Hi,

Using docker with host networking (docker run --net=host) seems to be a lot more stable on the new debian-aarch64 (docker-slave-arm2) machine.

Centos hosted docker-slave-arm1 now has filesystem related issues. gradle has trouble building up its cache. I disabled that slave. IMHO this slave should be removed altogether unless linaro likes to investigate.

Docker images for 1.3 building are on docker hub, but I had to remove most of them from docker-slave-arm2 to have enough space for the CI jobs. (1.2.1 images are untouched)

Due to out of disk space conditions I only added debian-9-aarch64 to the Bigtop-trunk-packages Job. I am running out of time ... I like others to investigate and propose solutions.

Olaf

Re: Aarch64 status

Posted by Evans Ye <ev...@apache.org>.
Thanks, Marcin.

Re: Aarch64 status

Posted by Marcin Juszkiewicz <ma...@linaro.org>.

Re: Aarch64 status

Posted by Marcin Juszkiewicz <ma...@linaro.org>.
W dniu 11.12.2017 o 00:03, Marcin Juszkiewicz pisze:
> W dniu 10.12.2017 o 09:59, Olaf Flebbe pisze:

>> Docker images for 1.3 building are on docker hub, but I had to
>> remove most of them from docker-slave-arm2 to have enough space for
>> the CI jobs. (1.2.1 images are untouched)
>
> Will 200GB of storage be enough?

bigtop-docker-slave-arm2 got resized to 200GB storage. Sorry for taking
it off during CI jobs.

Re: Aarch64 status

Posted by Marcin Juszkiewicz <ma...@linaro.org>.
W dniu 10.12.2017 o 09:59, Olaf Flebbe pisze:

> Using docker with host networking (docker run --net=host) seems to
> be a lot more stable on the new debian-aarch64 (docker-slave-arm2)
> machine.

If 'docker-slave-arm1' was provided by Linaro then can you tell me which
IP does it have (off-list)? Asking cause I last track about those older
slaves.

> Centos hosted docker-slave-arm1 now has filesystem related issues.
> gradle has trouble building up its cache. I disabled that slave.
> IMHO this slave should be removed altogether unless linaro likes to
> investigate.

If Docker works fine on Debian 9 host then CentOS based slave can be
scrapped imho. We can reuse it's resources and make another Debian 9 one.

> Docker images for 1.3 building are on docker hub, but I had to
> remove most of them from docker-slave-arm2 to have enough space for
> the CI jobs. (1.2.1 images are untouched)

Will 200GB of storage be enough?

> Due to out of disk space conditions I only added debian-9-aarch64 to
> the Bigtop-trunk-packages Job. I am running out of time ... I like
> others to investigate and propose solutions.
Instance is VM so it can be resized ;D