Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Abhijeet Mahalkar <Ab...@indussoft.com> on 2003/09/26 11:08:20 UTC

what is .do mapping?

When invoke the jsp using

http://localhost/xyz/pages/UserGroupMaster.jsp

URL and when i submit the page trhu submit button the URL gets changed to following will anybody tell me why? and what is ".do" stands for? where do we make the entry of this.?

is it the action mapping we are using in struts -config.xml file ?

 <action
         path="/usergroupmaster"
         type="ActionUserGroupMaster"
         name="UserGroupMasterActionForm"
         scope="request"
         validate="false"
         input="/pages/UserGroupMaster.jsp" parameter="action">

      <forward name="success" path="/pages/success.jsp"/>
     <forward name="failure" path="/pages/failure.jsp"/>
     <forward name="usergroupmaster" path="/pages/UserGroupMaster.jsp"/>
     </action>

http://localhost/xyz/usergroupmaster.do