Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Christian Egli <ch...@wyona.com> on 2003/09/05 09:29:36 UTC

URLInformation and DocumentIdToPathMapper

Andreas, I see that you checked in a new class named URLInformation
which takes an URL appart and returns Lenya relevant information such
as publication-id, area, etc.

What is the connection between URLInformation and
DocumentIdToPathMapper? Is the following table correct?

URLInformation
url -> publication-id, area, documentUrl

DocumentIdToPathMapper
document-id -> file system path to document

--
Christian Egli       christian.egli@wyona.com   +41 1 272 9161
                     Wyona AG, Hardstrasse 219, CH-8005 Zurich

Re: URLInformation and DocumentIdToPathMapper

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Christian Egli wrote:
> Andreas, I see that you checked in a new class named URLInformation
> which takes an URL appart and returns Lenya relevant information such
> as publication-id, area, etc.
>
> What is the connection between URLInformation and
> DocumentIdToPathMapper? Is the following table correct?
>
> URLInformation
> url -> publication-id, area, documentUrl
>
> DocumentIdToPathMapper
> document-id -> file system path to document

Yes, exactly.

As you know I'm a friend of small classes and therefore extracted
the URL parsing functionality from the DefaultDocumentBuilder.
Besides that, the URLInformation class can be used to extract the
information from a non-document URL.

It is adviced to _always_ use this class, because that's the
only place that handles the new "info-*" areas.

Andreas