Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Chun Wei Ho <cw...@gmail.com> on 2006/04/27 08:42:37 UTC

Optimizing the performance of a Nutch-based web application?

Hi,

We have just deployed a nutch-0.7.1 based web application - with a
single index of approximately 1.4 GB and growing - on Tomcat 5.

We are seeing some performance issues on our web application - the
response time is usually within seconds but occasionally spikes to an
unacceptable 20-30s. Does anyone have any ideas or general tips/hints
on performance optimization for nutch or Tomcat (for deploying a nutch
web application). Any suggestions for Tomcat mem/processor/disk
settings that, from your experience, has helped to improve
performance?

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)

Regards,
CW

Re: Optimizing the performance of a Nutch-based web application?

Posted by TDLN <di...@gmail.com>.
Some more:

http://kinetic.more.net/web/javaserver/resources/wpapers/printer/performance.pdf
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/misc/perf-tuning.html