Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Dileep Kumar Pattipati <di...@outlook.com> on 2018/07/05 08:17:49 UTC

RETE conflict set- triple removal

Hi,

The rules are processed by the Jena RETE engine in forward chaining in the following manner. First, the queues of pending inserts/deletes  are processed until they are empty. Then, when there is nothing more to inject, a non-monotonic rule is processed from the conflict set. During the processing of non-monotonic rule, if a triple of the head is already present in the context, it is removed (line 171 in RETEConflictSet.java).

I am unable to understand the reason for the removal. Can anyone help me on this? Won't this removal affect other rules in the conflict set?

Thanks,
Dileep