Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com> on 2002/09/11 08:43:00 UTC

WeakishReference and java1.1

Of course, ant may now run on java1.1, but it wont build there. I have a
reworked patch that I'm testing, pulling the java1.2 stuff into its own
class, making that a 1.2+ build item and using reflection in
WeakishReference to bond to that classes constructor.

-steve

Re: WeakishReference and java1.1

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com>.
> > I have a reworked patch that I'm testing, pulling the java1.2 stuff
> > into its own class, making that a 1.2+ build item and using
> > reflection in WeakishReference to bond to that classes constructor.
>
> Cool.
>
> Could you please not call it SoftReference (the 1.2 implementation) if
> it really uses a WeakReference and not a SoftReference under covers?
> It's a bit confusing (at least to me 8-).

its WeakReference12

Re: WeakishReference and java1.1

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 10 Sep 2002, Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com> wrote:

> I have a reworked patch that I'm testing, pulling the java1.2 stuff
> into its own class, making that a 1.2+ build item and using
> reflection in WeakishReference to bond to that classes constructor.

Cool.

Could you please not call it SoftReference (the 1.2 implementation) if
it really uses a WeakReference and not a SoftReference under covers?
It's a bit confusing (at least to me 8-).

Stefan