Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2019/07/20 07:09:19 UTC

ApacheDS release status

Hi !

just to give a status on the release.

I was trying to fix what I thought would be a low hanging fruit :
hashing passwords that are stored into the PassowrdPolicy pwdHistory
attribute (DIRSERVER-2179). It appeared to be way more complex than I
thought...

Typically, we have to deal with password modifications in two places:

- Modify operation

- passwordModify extended request

In the process, I found new bugs that needed to be fixed. I'm not
totally done, but closing the gap.

This is a tricky piece of code, with many layers and interactions
between them, plus we need to be extra cautious when touching them.

Once done, I'll move back to fix the Mac OSX installer which need a new
packager (the old tool is not anymore available)

More to come.

Re: ApacheDS release status

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Hi !

I was quite busy this week (no nanny, so full time taking care of the 2
yo), and I have made no progress so far. Will resume my effort next monday !

Re: ApacheDS release status

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Hi !