Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Joe's Diner Webmaster <we...@joesdiner.org> on 2017/01/14 00:32:50 UTC

New PropertyHelper to Easily Add Colors to Ant Output

Here is a little PropertyHelper I wrote that easily allows adding colors to
Ant tasks' output. Hopefully it will be of use to others.

Apache Ant Output Colorizor

An easy way to add color to Apache Ant build output. Unlike many other Ant
color utilities, this one does not automatically color your output based on
rules, but allows explicit control of colors and formatting from within the
Ant build file itself. Requires Ant version 1.8 or above and color support
from your terminal.

Note that this library is not doing any real magic and is just a convenient
wrapper around ANSI color codes.

Compatibility: Ant version 1.8 or above
Contact: webmaster@joesdiner.org
License: MIT License

Also attached is a patchfile to add this project to the list of "External
Tools and Tasks" on the Ant website, as requested in the FAQ.

Joey

Re: New PropertyHelper to Easily Add Colors to Ant Output

Posted by Christopher BROWN <br...@reflexe.fr>.
Hi,

Is there a way to detect if Ant is running on a compatible terminal?

For example, I sometimes forward Ant's output to a text file, such as "ant
sometarget > sometarget.txt"; in such cases, I'd prefer not to include
escape codes.

Thanks,
Christopher

AW: New PropertyHelper to Easily Add Colors to Ant Output

Posted by "Jan Matèrne (jhm)" <ap...@materne.de>.
nice

Jan

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2017-01-14, Joe's Diner Webmaster wrote:

> Here is a little PropertyHelper I wrote that easily allows adding colors to
> Ant tasks' output. Hopefully it will be of use to others.

Thanks, I've just added it to the site. Unfortunatly the patch didn't
make it through, so please verify it really show what you wanted to see.

Stefan