Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by Brenden Matthews <br...@airbedandbreakfast.com> on 2013/05/16 02:40:29 UTC

Review board troubles

Hey guys,

I'm not having a lot of success with review board and the post-reviews or
support/post-reviews.py scripts.  The current patches in review board don't
accurately reflect the state of my working tree.  When I try to run
support/post-reviews.py it doesn't correctly update the patches and I'm not
able to invest time into debugging why.

I'll be away for a week, so I'm writing this to let you know that you
shouldn't bother reviewing the patches in review board right now.  If you
want to see the current state of my work, you can get it from
https://github.com/airbnb/mesos/tree/testing.

Best,

Brenden

Re: Review board troubles

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@gmail.com>.
Can you tell us your work flow of submitting a patch and how your git
branch looks before submitting? That will let us help you out?

FWIW, with mesos recently moving to git (from svn), there were some issues
with submitting patches with support/post-reviews.py.

This is what I had to do get it working again:

--> Got the latest support/post-reviews.py from master.
--> Manually deleted "Review: " lines from my pending commits. Note: If you
do this, new reviews will be created for patches, which means you will want
to discard old reviews.

Re: Review board troubles

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (398J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Thanks Brenden.

The canonical Git repo/sources for Apache Mesos are at:

http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-mesos.git

(committers use 'https' instead of 'http').

Feel free to use that as the source, are you pointing at Github
b/c you want folks to review?

Cheers,
Chris

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.