Posted to dev@royale.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2021/03/05 09:10:17 UTC

PRs ready for distribution alignment

Hi all,

I have, as far as I know, finished the work on aligning the Maven built and the Ant built distribution.
A few things have changed in the Maven distribution compared to the earlier ones:

  *   All scripts (in the bin and js/bin) directory are now identical to the ones in the Ant distribution.
  *   The manifests are no longer contained in a "manifests" directory but are in the same location as they are for the Ant build.
  *   I now include the sources of the projects, which should simplify debugging.

The probably most important change is that I no longer have copies of the scripts and main manifests in the distribution resources. These resources now only contain the empty dummy files needed by FlashBuilder. It seems these were updated in the project, but the copies weren't. Therefore, the scripts as well as the manifests weren't identical in Ant and Maven distributions. I solved that problem by now taking the exact same files and copying them in the assembly. The manifests needed minor tweaking which I am now doing via an XSLT in the build.

Also did I refactor everything just needed for FlashBuilder support out into a separate assembly file. This way we have all the stuff that doesn't seem to make sense in one place and if we should decide to drop FB support, we just need to remove that assembly descriptor.

Would be cool if you could give the changes a try.

Please note that you need to checkout the feature branch "feature/distribution" in both the compiler as well as the asjs repo (For some reason my addition of the ACE typedef seems to have gone to the develop branch of the typedef repo, so it should already be available.

Hope you like the changes and hope they work for you the same way they do for me (I think Carlos also reported that he was successfully able to compile every example he tried in VSCode with it)

The two PRs needing merging after review are:
Feature/distribution allignment by chrisdutz * Pull Request #180 * apache/royale-compiler (github.com)<https://github.com/apache/royale-compiler/pull/180>
Feature/distribution allignment by chrisdutz * Pull Request #1087 * apache/royale-asjs (github.com)<https://github.com/apache/royale-asjs/pull/1087>

Chris

Re: PRs ready for distribution alignment

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.
Actually what I posted is full stacktrace. ;)

pt., 5 mar 2021 o 12:19 Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>

--

Piotr Zarzycki

AW: PRs ready for distribution alignment

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Piotr,

if you don't enable the "option-with-swf" it's the JS-only version.
The reason for setting things up that way 5 years ago, was that we then knew that SWF was going to be fading out and JS to be the new standard.
So, we chose the default to work without having to accept Adobe License Agreements and build the JS-only version per default.

So, in order to build the full thing including SWF support, run this instead:

mvn clean install -DdistributionTargetFolder=d:\Work\royale_ide\distribution -Poption-with-swf

Chris

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.
Chris,

--

Piotr Zarzycki

Re: PRs ready for distribution alignment

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Piotr,

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Piotr,

--

Piotr Zarzycki

Re: PRs ready for distribution alignment

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Piotr,

It should work in both.

Chris

--

Piotr Zarzycki

Re: PRs ready for distribution alignment

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Piotr,

--

Piotr Zarzycki

Re: PRs ready for distribution alignment

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.
Chris,

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Piotr,

--

Piotr Zarzycki

Re: PRs ready for distribution alignment

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chris,

--

Piotr Zarzycki