Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by krishnaroopa senthilkumar <kr...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/29 10:32:56 UTC

Accessing Tomcat manager app

Hi

I have installed tom cat 7.0.21
I have changed the tomcat-users.xml file as below

<tomcat-users>
<role rolename="Standard"/>
<role rolename="admin"/>
<role rolename="manager-script"/>
<role rolename="tomcat"/>
<role rolename="role1"/>
<user name="mgr" password="tomcat" roles="standard,manager-script"/>
<user name="tomcat" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat"/>
<user name="role1" password="tomcat" roles="role1"/>
<user name="both" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat,role1"/>
</tomcat-users>

Still I am not able to access the manager app.
Thanks for your time
--
regards
KRS

Re: Accessing Tomcat manager app

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.
2011/9/29 krishnaroopa senthilkumar <kr...@gmail.com>:
> Great!.. Thanks a lot. I included manager-gui role and able to access.
>
> Next thing, I had a war file insight.war and placed it under webapps folders
> I am able to access as "http://localhost:8080/insight/index.html
> But i need to access  it directly as http://localhost:8080/index.html
>
> Heard that need be changed in context setting.. but could not get it.
> Thanks again

Have you seen FAQ?
Just rename your file into ROOT.war. It is the easiest way.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

Re: Accessing Tomcat manager app

Posted by krishnaroopa senthilkumar <kr...@gmail.com>.
Great!.. Thanks a lot. I included manager-gui role and able to access.

Next thing, I had a war file insight.war and placed it under webapps folders
I am able to access as "http://localhost:8080/insight/index.html
But i need to access  it directly as http://localhost:8080/index.html

Heard that need be changed in context setting.. but could not get it.
Thanks again

KRS

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.