Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Gaurav Pal <fo...@yahoo.com> on 2003/03/11 23:13:30 UTC

Information on who's leading FOP

Hi,

I'm working on a project that will be using FOP as a report generator. While trying to sell the idea to the senior management, I was asked to find out who's leading this effort at Apache.

I searched the FOP web site and also the mailing list archives but didnt find anything. There are a number of developers whose names I got from the mailing lists but no information on who is the lead.

I'd appreciate it if someone could give me this information or point me to where I could find it.

Thanks

-Gaurav

Re: Information on who's leading FOP

Posted by "Peter B. West" <pb...@powerup.com.au>.
Well said, Arved.

Peter

--
Peter B. West  pbwest@powerup.com.au  http://www.powerup.com.au/~pbwest/
"Lord, to whom shall we go?"

RE: Information on who's leading FOP

Posted by Arved Sandstrom <Ar...@chebucto.ns.ca>.
Hi, Gaurav

To add to Jeremias' reply, which is accurate, might I add that there are in
fact leaders when it comes to ASF projects? Jeremias is one himself.

To be less vague, let me expand by saying that there are committers who are
interested in the codebase only, and then there are committers who are
interested in more - documentation, planning, the community, etc. The former
category, just as the non-committer developers, is not to be denigrated, but
you can defintely identify committers who take an interest in the big
picture as "leaders".

Arved Sandstrom

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
Projects at Apache don't work this way. No "boss and underlings". The
list of people you found are most probably the committers. They run the
project.

Here's some more information:
http://xml.apache.org/whoweare.html
http://incubator.apache.org/drafts/theapacheway.html

I hope that helps. If you need more information just call for help.

On 11.03.2003 23:13:30 Gaurav Pal wrote:
> I'm working on a project that will be using FOP as a report generator.
> While trying to sell the idea to the senior management, I was asked to
> find out who's leading this effort at Apache.
>
> I searched the FOP web site and also the mailing list archives but didnt
> find anything. There are a number of developers whose names I got from
> the mailing lists but no information on who is the lead.
>
> I'd appreciate it if someone could give me this information or point me
> to where I could find it.

Jeremias Maerki