Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Rodrigo Ruiz <rr...@gridsystems.com> on 2006/05/08 13:30:45 UTC

Interoperability problem with SOAP::Lite and SOAPENC:base64Binary types

Hi all,

I am upgrading a rather old server from Axis 1.0 to Axis 1.4.

It uses RPC/Encoded, and we are planning a migration to
Document/Literal, but it currently has several hundred clients that must
work with the new server until the migration is performed. As some of
these clients are not within our customer control (they pertain to some
of our customer's customers), the migration cannot be performed in just
a couple of hours.

The problem we are having seems to be related in a change in the
encoding of base64Binary types. The old server sets the type to
"xsd:binary64Encoded", while the new server sets it to
"soapenc:binary64Encoded". Apparently, our clients do not understand the
second form.

Is there any way to instruct Axis to use the old form? I don't mind if
the only solution is to program a handler. If it works, it is OK for me :-)

Thanks,
Rodrigo

GRIDSYSTEMS                    Rodrigo Ruiz Aguayo
Parc Bit - Son Espanyol
07120 Palma de Mallorca        mailto:rruiz@gridsystems.com
Baleares - España              Tel:+34-971435085 Fax:+34-971435082
http://www.gridsystems.com

Re: Interoperability problem with SOAP::Lite and SOAPENC:base64Binary types

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.
Add the following parameter to your WSDD:

  <parameter name="dotNetSoapEncFix" value="true"/>

Anne