Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Bryan Duxbury <br...@rapleaf.com> on 2010/08/19 22:51:00 UTC

[VOTE] Thrift 0.4.0 RC1

Hi all,

In all the time it took for us to finally release Thrift 0.3, we've
accumulated enough changes for Thrift 0.4!

I propose we accept
http://people.apache.org/~bryanduxbury/thrift-0.4.0-rc1.tar.gz<http://people.apache.org/%7Ebryanduxbury/thrift-0.4.0-rc1.tar.gz>as
the official Thrift 0.4.0 release.

I created this tarball by checking out URL:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/thrift/branches/0.4.x and running
"./bootstrap.sh && ./configure && make dist".

The GPG signature for this tarball can be found at
http://people.apache.org/~bryanduxbury/thrift-0.4.0-rc1.tar.gz.asc<http://people.apache.org/%7Ebryanduxbury/thrift-0.4.0-rc1.tar.gz.asc>.
It has an MD5 signature of bb8466e5b884e9edef862a64f57abe38.

On thrift-dev, we had 7 +1 votes, including 3 from active Thrift committers
(myself, Mark Slee, and David Reiss) and one from a mentor (Doug Cutting).
There were two non-blocking -1 votes that have been addressed and tagged for
future releases.

Please download, verify the signatures, untar, and install and test the
libraries you are familiar with.

This vote will close 72 hours from now.

This release consists of 45 tickets that cover many bugs and performance
improvements. Please refer to the CHANGES file for the full list.

-Bryan

Re: [VOTE] Thrift 0.4.0 RC1

Posted by Bryan Duxbury <br...@rapleaf.com>.
> On thrift-dev,  we had 7 +1 votes, including 3 from active Thrift
committers
> (myself, Mark  Slee, and David Reiss) and one from a mentor (Doug
Cutting).

The "myself" here refers to me, Bryan Duxbury.

I assume you're not asking me if I'm voting +1 on the release in the
general@ - I was under the impression my votes didn't count here.

Re: [VOTE] Thrift 0.4.0 RC1

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@yahoo.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Thrift 0.4.0 RC1

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 4:51 AM, Bryan Duxbury <br...@rapleaf.com> wrote:

> I propose we accept
> http://people.apache.org/~bryanduxbury/thrift-0.4.0-rc1.tar.gz<http://people.apache.org/%7Ebryanduxbury/thrift-0.4.0-rc1.tar.gz>as
> the official Thrift 0.4.0 release.
>
> I created this tarball by checking out URL:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/thrift/branches/0.4.x and running
> "./bootstrap.sh && ./configure && make dist".

+1, and thanks for pushing this forward.

I am looking forward to a continued positive outlook of Thrift.

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

I  live here; http://tinyurl.com/2qq9er
I  work here; http://tinyurl.com/2ymelc
I relax here; http://tinyurl.com/2cgsug

Re: [VOTE] Thrift 0.4.0 RC1

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@yahoo.com>.
+1.

Re: [VOTE] Thrift 0.4.0 RC1

Posted by Bryan Duxbury <br...@rapleaf.com>.
72 hours has passed, so this vote is closed.

We had 4 +1 votes and no -1 votes, so the vote passes. Thanks to everyone
that voted!

-Bryan

Re: [VOTE] Thrift 0.4.0 RC1

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.