Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Lorin Beer <lo...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/04 23:21:03 UTC

Alias of BB create tools

Something I've wanted to do for a while with the BB repos:

alias the target add script which is currently a project level script
into the root /bin
the purpose of this would be to allow users to create device targets
from the repo, which would then be propagated to individual projects.

This has two advantages I can see:

1. you no longer have to re-create targets or copy the .json file over
when creating new BB10 projects

2. by making target create a repo level script, we can fully support
more of the CLI scripts

What does BB think?

Re: Alias of BB create tools

Posted by Lorin Beer <lo...@gmail.com>.
ok, I'll file the issue. It won't make 2.8 but 2.9 fo sho

RE: Alias of BB create tools

Posted by Ken Wallis <kw...@blackberry.com>.
Wow, we are all on the ball right now... ;)
--

Ken Wallis

Product Manager – WebWorks

BlackBerry

289-261-4369

Posted by Bryan Higgins <br...@bryanhiggins.net>.

RE: Alias of BB create tools

Posted by Ken Wallis <kw...@blackberry.com>.
I agree with project name to config.xml.

I think default target remains with the list of targets in JSON.  Same with path to plugins.  And in this context, I think the JSON could go out to the root.
--

Ken Wallis

Product Manager – WebWorks

BlackBerry

289-261-4369

Re: Alias of BB create tools

Posted by Filip Maj <fi...@adobe.com>.
Config.xml should contain app metadata only, not default dev device to
deploy to..

Re: Alias of BB create tools

Posted by Lorin Beer <lo...@gmail.com>.

RE: Alias of BB create tools