Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Xuefu Zhang <xz...@cloudera.com> on 2014/08/27 03:37:38 UTC

Re: Hive User Group Meeting

Dear Apache Hive users and developers,

The next Hive user group meeting mentioned previously was officially
announced here:
http://www.meetup.com/Hive-User-Group-Meeting/events/202007872/. As it's
only about one and a half month away, please RSVP if you plan to go so that
the organizers can plan the meeting accordingly.

Currently, we still have a few talk slots open. Please let me know if
you're interested to give a talk.

Regards,
Xuefu

Re: Hive User Group Meeting

Posted by Xuefu Zhang <xz...@cloudera.com>.
Hi all,

I'm very excited as we are just about one month away from the meetup. Here
is a list of talks that will be delivered in the coming Hive user group
meeting.

1. Julian Hyde, cost-based optimization, Optiq, and materialized views
2. Xuefu Zhang, Hive on Spark
3. George Chow, Updates on Hive Thrift Protocol
4. Prasad Mujumdar, What's new in Apache Sentry

We still have a couple of slots open, so please let me know if you're
interested in giving a talk. In the meantime, please RSVP if you plan to
join the event.

Thanks,
Xuefu

Re: Hive User Group Meeting