Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Youheng Hu <Yo...@rta.nsw.gov.au> on 2010/01/27 03:46:45 UTC

maven release plugin branch and merge question

Hi,

I am using the following steps to release projects using maven release
plugin -

1)    create a branch from trunk using maven release plugin
2)    development/testing in branch
3)    release the project using maven release plugin
4)    merge the changes from the branch back to trunk using svn

Now the question is after step 4, the SCM connection details in trunk has
been overwritten with the branch URLs, I have to then fix them and commit
back into trunk manually, which sometime is annoying,  is this what I am
supposed to do or I am missing anything?

Thanks for your help.