Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Peter Evans <pe...@ixp.jp> on 2011/03/29 15:13:07 UTC

rc4 errors with frontpage theme

(usual glassfish 3.1 etc)

1 - top page blog, CUrrent theme is "Frontpage" and shared,
2 - try to change it to a custom theme. based on frontpage so I could edit
it.
3 - tried creating a new one and doing that, no go.

Unexpected Exception
Status Code 500
Message
Type
Exception Roller has encountered and logged an unexpected exception.

Now, if it did, it didn't log it anywhere I could find it.

There is also my favourite annoying thing:

WARNING|glassfish3.1|org.apache.catalina.connector.Request|_ThreadID=22;_ThreadName=Thread-1;|
PWC4011: Unable to set request character encoding to UTF-8 from context
/roller, because request parameters have already been read, or
ServletRequest.getReader() has already been called

Re: rc4 errors with frontpage theme

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 9:13 AM, Peter Evans <pe...@ixp.jp> wrote:
> (usual glassfish 3.1 etc)
>
> 1 - top page blog, CUrrent theme is "Frontpage" and shared,
> 2 - try to change it to a custom theme. based on frontpage so I could edit
> it.
> 3 - tried creating a new one and doing that, no go.
>
> Unexpected Exception
> Status Code 500
> Message
> Type
> Exception Roller has encountered and logged an unexpected exception.
>
> Now, if it did, it didn't log it anywhere I could find it.

I can reproduce this one, so I should be able to debug it.

> There is also my favourite annoying thing:
>
> WARNING|glassfish3.1|org.apache.catalina.connector.Request|_ThreadID=22;_ThreadName=Thread-1;|
> PWC4011: Unable to set request character encoding to UTF-8 from context
> /roller, because request parameters have already been read, or
> ServletRequest.getReader() has already been called

Personally, I think that's a Glassfish bug, the very first thing
Roller does is set the encoding and does so before reading any
parameters or calling getReader(). Anyhow...

I just committed a fix that should eliminate or at least reduce that
WARN message.

- Dave