Posted to user@ant.apache.org by David Blevins <db...@visi.com> on 2001/12/04 05:18:55 UTC

Silent execution of targets

Hi All,

Simple question.

Is there any option or flag (or anything) I can set on a target so that it
doesn't output anything unless there is an error?

Thanks,
David

Re: Silent execution of targets

Posted by Erik Hatcher <ja...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
You can use the -quiet command-line option, or alternatively write your own
BuildLogger to filter things your own way (using the -logger command-line
option)

    Erik

Posted by Erik Hatcher <ja...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
The short answer - no, there isn't an option on <target> to silence it
unless there is an error.

You could write your own custom BuildLogger to do this rather easily
though - just have a look at DefaultLogger in Ant's source code.  Then use
the -logger command-line switch to use a custom one.

    Erik

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Re: Silent execution of targets

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com>.
There is ant -quiet I suppose, but that applies to a whole build.

Posted by David Blevins <db...@visi.com>.
Hi Erik,

You'll have to excuse my second post.  It seems my procmail script was a bit
buggy, so didn't get your first (or second) reply.  I checked the ant-user
logs and found your replies.

Thanks for the information, I appreciate it.  The -quiet option works pretty
slick.  I'm definitely interested in the BuildLogger route also.

Thanks!
David

Posted by David Blevins <db...@visi.com>.
All,