Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Richard Hanson <in...@icloud.com> on 2014/11/17 14:49:14 UTC

Incremental refresh() with Psql

Hello, I'm trying to use mahout with PostgreSQL via the JDBC DataModel (ReloadFromJDBCDataModel wrapped around PostgreSQLBooleanPrefJDBCDataModel) and want to be able to read only new elements from the Database when calling the refresh() command. Is that possible? I have seen that the MongoDB implementation does something along those lines and the FileDataModel also via delta files.
The reason for doing this is that reading in the whole DB each time a refresh in called is very time consuming, partly because it is not necessarily local.

Thank you & regards,
Richard