Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Ig...@adc.com on 2002/03/11 15:58:28 UTC

XML to AFP

Hi All,

I'm looking for a way to produce AFP (IBM's Advanced Function Presentation) file
from XML.
I know that there is commercial products like DI Pager. I also can produce PDF
or PostScript file and then convert it to AFP format.
But may be  somebody knows a simpler way.

Thank you in advance,

Igor

Re: XML to AFP

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <je...@outline.ch>.
A small group at UBS has once worked on an AFP renderer for FOP but the
project got halted as far as I know and they didn't want to publish the
code they've done. So, a way to go (even if it's not a simple one right
now) would be to write an AFP renderer for FOP.

You could also ask IBM what they have done in the PPML
(http://www.podi.org/standards/ppml) corner. Maybe there's a possibility.

> I'm looking for a way to produce AFP (IBM's Advanced Function Presentation) file
> from XML.
> I know that there is commercial products like DI Pager. I also can produce PDF
> or PostScript file and then convert it to AFP format.
> But may be  somebody knows a simpler way.

Cheers,
Jeremias Märki

mailto:jeremias.maerki@outline.ch

OUTLINE AG
Tel. +41 41 317 2020 - Fax +41 41 317 2029
Internet http://www.outline.ch