Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by David Jencks <da...@gmail.com> on 2021/10/04 16:46:34 UTC

[Website] Updating after a release

I believe the Antora build has not yet been updated to include the just released camel-3.12.x and related releases. However, camel-quarkus is trying to use it, which breaks the camel-quarkus build.

I’d like to do this and write up what to do when there’s a release, and hopefully simplify the process a bit.

Is there already such a document?

I actually think it might be best to have a section explaining the structure and interdependencies of the Antora site in the site, along with instructions on what to do when there’s a new release.  Alternatively perhaps this could be an AsciiDoc file in camel-website.

Is anyone else working on this?  I don’t want to create conflicts or duplicate work.

David Jencks

Re: [Website] Updating after a release

Posted by David Jencks <da...@gmail.com>.
I’ve written a draft of instructions on how to update the docs/website after a camel/camel-karaf/camel-spring-boot release: https://github.com/apache/camel/pull/6215

I’ve also applied these instructions (retroactively in some cases) to all the active camel-karaf and camel-spring-boot branches: PRs listed in the doc PR above.

Although in some cases this results in no link changes, I’d prefer to apply all the PRs so that the link generation code is as consistent as possible.

I have a couple of questions as a TODO in the doc PR:

NOTE: TODO: Is there a step of setting up CI or the regen bot?
Should maven snapshots be deployed?
I had to build (with maven) quite a few projects completely because there were no snapshots deployed.

David Jencks

>>> https://github.com/apache/camel/pull/6210

Posted by David Jencks <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gregor Zurowski <gr...@list.zurowski.org>.