Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Eric Johnson <er...@tibco.com> on 2003/04/18 15:33:32 UTC

Before we call for a build....

Before we call for a build, someone should fix the Javadoc warnings that
appear when building with JDK 1.4.  I'm guessing that at least some of
the warnings appear when building for other JDKs, but I haven't checked.

I also get one test failure running ant test-local -
TestWebappMethods.testOptionsStar() reports a failure (expected 200 but
was 400).  Perhaps I need to do something to configure my Tomcat
(4.1.24) that I haven't done?  In any case, if anyone else is seeing
this problem, we should probably address it.

I don't think I'll be able to get to a patch before this afternoon, so
if someone else can run with it, that would be great.

-Eric.

Re: Before we call for a build....

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <o....@dplanet.ch>.
Offending java 1.3 javadoc links removed.

Oleg

Re: Before we call for a build....

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <o....@dplanet.ch>.

Re: Before we call for a build....

Posted by Jeffrey Dever <js...@sympatico.ca>.

Re: Before we call for a build....

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <o....@dplanet.ch>.
Jandalf,

Re: Before we call for a build....

Posted by Jandalf <js...@apache.org>.

Re: Before we call for a build....

Posted by Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu>.
In my opinion, once we call for a build I think there is still room for
documentation, Javadoc and test case changes.  I would just want a
freeze on any developement.  I have not seen these errors, but they
should be taken care of before we release.

I have been running tests with 1.2.2 and Tomcat and have not seen this
error.  In the past I have noticed that these sorts of errors (400 when
expecting 200) are caused by server config issues.  I will look into
this a little to see if there is a legitimate problem.

Mike

Re: Before we call for a build....

Posted by Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu>.
It seems that Tomcat 4.1.24 does not accept an OPTIONS method with a URI
of "*".  It returns a status of "HTTP/1.1 400 Invalid URI".  It does,
however accept "/*".  This seems to have changed between 4.1.18 and
4.1.24.  RFC 2616 section 9.2 says that "*" is a valid URI for the
options method, so I am guessing this is a Tomcat bug.

Mike