Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ma...@c-ware.de> on 2007/10/22 12:25:37 UTC

Re: [Exist-open] problem while processing large xmls

Hi,

I think you might be experiencing a problem with the memorymanager of
your java virtual machine.
The problem with this ist, that everytime the VM increases the amount of
allocated memory, it expects this to be in one block.
Whenever there is no unfragmented block able to contain all the VM
memory, an OutOfMemory exception occurs.
I would suggest increasing the Xms and seting the Xmx value to the same
value as Xms. This way the entire block is allocated
during VM startup and OutOfMemory exceptions should no longer occur.

In general when transforming very large Xml documents, I would suggest
using Sax to do the transformation. When doing a Dom
transformation of a 20MB Xml document could result in a memory
consumption of about 50-50MB depending on the document
structure and the transformation.

Hope this Helps ;)

Chris

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ma...@c-ware.de>.
Uuups ... sorry for posting to the wrong mailinglist. Seems that I setup
my mail-filters a litte wrong ;)