Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Leonardo Uribe <lu...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/04 17:19:07 UTC

[core] quick fix release for MyFaces 2.2.3

Hi guys

Recently we found that some wrappers are not implementing the new
methods introduced in JSF 2.2. See

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-3878

The affected wrappers are:

ApplicationWrapper,
ConfigurableNavigationHandlerWrapper,
ResourceWrapper,
ViewHandlerWrapper,
FacesContextWrapper,
PartialViewContextWrapper,

This bug is important, because it could break the new features. As
soon as a wrapper is in place, the code done in 2.2 is just skipped.
Existing applications compatible with 2.1 will not see anything wrong.
Fortunately the effect is very limited because Application and
FacesContext has some code in place that redirects the call to the
default implementation.

Additionally we have clarified the issue we had with HTML friendly
markup, which has a behavior not included in the spec, so at the end
that means we need to do another quick fix release next week. I know
this can be painful, but the idea is deal with these issue as soon as
possible to provide a more robust and stable JSF 2.2 implementation.

regards,

Leonardo