Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Matthew John <tm...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/20 15:36:16 UTC

Multiple input not working

Hi all,

I modified a MapReduce code which had only a single Input path to accomodate
Multiple Inputs..

The changes I made (in Driver file) :

Path FpdbInputPath = new Path(args[0]);
Path ClogInputPath = new Path(args[1]);
FpdbInputPath =
FpdbInputPath.makeQualified(FpdbInputPath.getFileSystem(job));
ClogInputPath =
ClogInputPath.makeQualified(ClogInputPath.getFileSystem(job));
MultipleInputs.addInputPath(job, FpdbInputPath, Dup1InputFormat.class,
Dup1FpdbMapper.class);
MultipleInputs.addInputPath(job, ClogInputPath, Dup1InputFormat.class,
Dup1ClogMapper.class);

But when I run the program it is giving the exception :
java.io.IOException: No input paths specified in job
        at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.FileInputFormat.listStatus(FileInputFormat.java:152)
and so on.....

Is it because there is a default input directory set and when it finds there
is nothing there it gives out the error ??

Please help me out of this..

Note : I am using Hadoop - 0.20.2 .. Is it by anyways because of the version
that MultipleInputs is not updating the map.input.dir with the paths added ?

Thanks ,

Matthew