Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Maryam <mk...@yahoo.com> on 2007/03/23 01:34:56 UTC

problem in reading an index

Hi,

I have written this piece of code to read the index,
mainly to see what terms are in each document and what
the frequency of each term in the document is. This
piece of code correctly calculates the number of docs
in the index, but I don’t know why variable
myTermFreq[] is null. Would you please let me know
your idea bout it?

IndexReader reader = IndexReader.open(myInd);
for (int docNo = 0; docNo < reader.numDocs(); docNo++)
{
TermFreqVector myTermFreq[] =
reader.getTermFreqVectors(docNo);
	if (myTermFreq != null) {
		for (int i = 0; i < myTermFreq.length; i++) {
			int freq[] = myTermFreq[i].getTermFrequencies();
			//String terms[]= myTermFreq[i].getTerms();
		for (int j=0;j<terms.length;j++)
			System.out.println("term"+terms[j]);
		for (int j=0;j<freq.length;j++)
			System.out.println("freq:"+ freq[j]);
	}
}

}
Thanks

Re: problem in reading an index

Posted by karl wettin <ka...@gmail.com>.
23 mar 2007 kl. 02.09 skrev Daniel Noll:

> Maryam wrote:
>> Hi, I have written this piece of code to read the index,
>> mainly to see what terms are in each document and what
>> the frequency of each term in the document is. This
>> piece of code correctly calculates the number of docs
>> in the index, but I don’t know why variable
>> myTermFreq[] is null. Would you please let me know
>> your idea bout it?
>
> From TFJD:
>    Return an array of term frequency vectors for the specified
> document.
>    The array contains a vector for each vectorized field in the
>    document.  Each vector contains terms and frequencies for all terms
>    in a given vectorized field.  If no such fields existed, the method
>    returns null.
>
> i.e. you may not have stored the term vectors when indexing the data.

This thread might be of interest:

http://www.nabble.com/Resolving-term-vector-even-when-not-stored--
tf3412160.html#a9507268

--
karl

Re: problem in reading an index

Posted by Daniel Noll <da...@nuix.com>.
Maryam wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have written this piece of code to read the index,
> mainly to see what terms are in each document and what
> the frequency of each term in the document is. This
> piece of code correctly calculates the number of docs
> in the index, but I don’t know why variable
> myTermFreq[] is null. Would you please let me know
> your idea bout it?

 From TFJD:
    Return an array of term frequency vectors for the specified document.
    The array contains a vector for each vectorized field in the
    document.  Each vector contains terms and frequencies for all terms
    in a given vectorized field.  If no such fields existed, the method
    returns null.

i.e. you may not have stored the term vectors when indexing the data.

Daniel

--
Daniel Noll

Nuix Pty Ltd