Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Naresh Sharma <na...@yahoo.com> on 2001/10/07 04:31:47 UTC

Flushing Appender buffer

Hello Everybody,

I am using RollingFileAppender in my EJB application. I set the immediateFlush to false, so it log messages needn't flushing each time but when my application closes, all the pending messages from buffer should be flushed.

I didn't find any flush() method but there is a method setImmediateFlush(boolean) which sets immediateFlush option.

So i thought about this solution :

    appender.setImmediateFlush(true)
    // Put some dummy message in the log buffer so while logging this message previous buffer contents will also get logged.
    cat.debug("Dummy message");

Is there any other better way of doing this ??

Thanks
Naresh