Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Raghuveer <ra...@infotechsw.com> on 2008/04/02 18:03:35 UTC

application folder name in webapps folder in tomcat.

I have HelloServlet ,HelloServletContextListener in 3 different applications
in tomcat

<tomcat_home>webapps\AppHello1
<tomcat_home>webapps\AppHello2
<tomcat_home>webapps\AppHello3

How to identify in my listner class what is the folder/context name in my
server.

public void contextInitialized(ServletContextEvent ce) {
contextName = ce.getServletContext().getServletContextName();
}

This code is working only if i have
<display-name>AppHello1</display-name> in web.xml.
If there is no <display-name> in web.xml then above code in listner class is
returning null.

Is there facility to know application folder name in webapps folder in
tomcat.

Re: application folder name in webapps folder in tomcat.

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.
Raghuveer wrote:

> I have HelloServlet ,HelloServletContextListener in 3 different applications
> in tomcat
>
> <tomcat_home>webapps\AppHello1
> <tomcat_home>webapps\AppHello2
> <tomcat_home>webapps\AppHello3
>
> How to identify in my listner class what is the folder/context name in my
> server.
>
> public void contextInitialized(ServletContextEvent ce) {
> contextName = ce.getServletContext().getServletContextName();
> }
>

> This code is working only if i have
> <display-name>AppHello1</display-name> in web.xml.
> If there is no <display-name> in web.xml then above code in listner class is
> returning null.
>
> Is there facility to know application folder name in webapps folder in
> tomcat.

Call getRealPath("/") on the servlet context:

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/servletapi/javax/servlet/ServletContext.html#getRealPath(java.lang.String)

L.