Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Mikko Setälä <mi...@zapmeet.fi> on 2009/10/13 14:18:35 UTC

Bug about Synchronize with repository function

Hi,

I am experiencing a probable bug at Subclipse 1.4.4 and Eclipse Galileo
with  build id 20090920-1017. I use the Synchronize with repository by
clicking a project with right button and selecting Synchronize with
repository. Then I open the file which I have made changes in and
experience the following:

What should be seen:
Side by side I should see now the code I had on repository and the code
that has my recent changes.

What I get and is not correctly working:
Eclipse / subclipse shows side by side the same code without changes
that is from repository. That code is identical copy on both sides, both
copies have the same code. The side of my recent code shows asterisk (*)
like it has been changed by someone and actually the change is that my
recent changes are eliminated and there is identical code as in the
repository. So, my judgement is that there has to be a bug, because how
I now use the tool to track my changes, if changes get eliminated by the
program when I open the comparator?

How to reproduce the bug?
I don't know what really is the cause, but I recently got eclipse broken
(it was searching a library with no success for long time) and I
reinstalled the newest version of Galileo (deleted old files and
extracted new version, then installed subclipse with eclipse
installation tool). I had the project workspaces without touch meanwhile
and I reinstalled Eclipse and subclipse to these versions mentioned
before. Before installing I had tasks open on Eclipse (not committed to
repository).

Please do not hesitate to ask more questions about the issue from my
address mikko.setala@zapmeet.fi

BR Mikko

Re: Bug about Synchronize with repository function

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 10:18 AM, Mikko Setälä <mi...@zapmeet.fi> wrote:

> I am experiencing a probable bug at Subclipse 1.4.4 and Eclipse Galileo
> with  build id 20090920-1017. I use the Synchronize with repository by
> clicking a project with right button and selecting Synchronize with
> repository. Then I open the file which I have made changes in and
> experience the following:
>
> What should be seen:
> Side by side I should see now the code I had on repository and the code
> that has my recent changes.

Current versions of Subclipse are 1.6.5 and 1.4.8.  This bug was fixed
long before Eclipse 3.5 was released in June.

--
Thanks

Mark Phippard
http://markphip.blogspot.com/