Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Thomas Helvey <he...@home.com> on 2000/10/10 00:19:32 UTC

Problems with 1.3 on Sol 2.6 with Tuxedo

I'm having a bit of a problem with the Xerces C++ library.
Our environment is Solaris 2.6 with the SunPro 4.2 C++ compiler,
running under BEA Tuxedo.
First off, (not a big issue), the Makefile doesn't correctly build
the library in the source distribution, I end up with an empty
library with no object files in it. I had the same problem with
the 1.2 library, my solution was to hack src/Makefile.incl to add
the object files.
The other problem I'm having, which is a showstopper, is I'm
getting fatal libc errors at server startup which causes the
Tuxedo servers to hang at startup. The only indication I get when
the server hangs is "libc: internal error: _rmutex_lock rmutex not
held". Currently there is no code that invokes any Xerces lib
functions in the tree, the problem shows up by merely linking the
library into the server code. I've tried building the lib from the
source distro and rebuilding the server tree several times (this
takes hours, it's a lot of code). Is there an OS patch that needs
to be applied to get the lib to work on 2.6? Any suggestions?

Thomas Helvey
helveytw@home.com

Re: Problems with 1.3 on Sol 2.6 with Tuxedo

Posted by Thomas Helvey <he...@home.com>.
Slight correction:
The message is "libc: internal error: _rmutex_unlock rmutex not
held"
My apologies.

Thanks
--
Thomas Helvey

Posted by Thomas Helvey <he...@home.com>.
Arundhati,
Thanks for the response. I'll check the version of gnu make we
use.
I'm pretty sure that every module compiles with -mt, I'll double
check what flags are getting passed to the linker. We have been
using other multi-threaded libs in the the servers for a while
now, (MQ Series), but they were specific to only a few servers,
perhaps I'm not telling the linker to use -mt for the rest of the
servers. (Most likely that is where the problem is)

Thomas Helvey
helveytw@home.com

Posted by Arundhati Bhowmick <bh...@jtcsv.com>.
Thomas,