Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Vivek Kapadekar <vk...@bitfone.com> on 2003/07/08 21:14:46 UTC

AsyncAppender Settings in config file?

Hi
I wrote my own appender and have wrapped it in a AsyncAppender and got
it working. But i do the addition of this appender to the logger, and
setting of properties  inside code.

Can I do this in log4j.properties ?

Thanks

--Viv

    Howdy,
    There's not already a PatternLayout option for this.  You'd have to
    extend/wrap/customize PatternLayout to do this for you.

    May I ask why you want this?

    Yoav Shapira

    --- Walter HEESTERMANS <wa...@cognicase.be> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > What I like is to restrict the number of characters logged in one line. When
    > a programs logs a line of 1000 bytes, what I like is that these 1000 bytes
    > are logged in lines of maximum 250 characters. This means, when I take the
    > sample, that a message of 1000 bytes is split over 4 lines.
    >
    > Do I need to create an Patternlayout executing this, adding CR/LF
    > characters, or is there already a parameter in the standard PatternLayout (I
    > don't see anything in the dcoumentation)?
    >
    > Does somebody has already created such kind of PatternLayout?
    >
    > Thx
    > Walter

    =====
    Yoav Shapira