Posted to users@ws.apache.org by "Mayer, Daniel S" <DS...@impactsci.com> on 2005/08/08 21:25:52 UTC

executeAsync compatibilities cross language

I noticed that many other implementations of xmlRPC include Async
methods for clients. I was wondering if any / all of these
implementations are compatible with Apaches xml-rpc server. I am using
the org.apache.xmlrpc.WebServer, and would like to be able to write
multiple clients in other languages besides java. Are any c++ clients
compatable with the async methods or are they only compatible with
standard xmlRPC methods?

Thanks for your time.

Peace,
Dan Mayer
http://www.wastedbrains.com

Re: executeAsync compatibilities cross language

Posted by Andreas Schoelver <te...@web.de>.
thre should never be any compatibility problem because only the way
the request/response cycle is handled is either synchronized or not.
the language used for the client has to support threads to implement
async calls.

Andreas