Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Sklar, Emerson" <ES...@hpti.com> on 2011/03/02 18:52:53 UTC

RegEx matching and null value

Hello fellow JMeter users!

I am trying to strip out a jsessionid value using the Regular Expression
Extractor.

When using a regular expression which definitely should not match, the value
which is returned is the specified default value (as is expected)

However, when I have patterns and setting which should match, the variable
has value 'null'.

I've tried this both with a pattern to strip it from the URL and from the
headers, and get null each time.

Any advice?

Thanks for the help!

Re: RegEx matching and null value

Posted by Felix Frank <ff...@mpexnet.de>.
On 03/02/2011 06:52 PM, Sklar, Emerson wrote:
> Hello fellow JMeter users!
>
> I am trying to strip out a jsessionid value using the Regular Expression
> Extractor.
>
> When using a regular expression which definitely should not match, the
> value which is returned is the specified default value (as is expected)
>
> However, when I have patterns and setting which should match, the
> variable has value ‘null’.
>
> I’ve tried this both with a pattern to strip it from the URL and from
> the headers, and get null each time.
>
> Any advice?

Hi,

please share the complete settings you use in your Regex Extractor.
Is the Extractor a child of the Sampler in question?

Regards,
Felix