Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com> on 2017/12/19 21:17:56 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Qpid Proton 0.19.0

Hi folks,

I have put together a spin for a Qpid Proton 0.19.0 release, please
give it a test out and vote accordingly.

The source archive can be grabbed from:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/proton/0.19.0-rc1/

The JIRAs currently assigned are:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12313720&version=12341125

It is tagged as 0.19.0-rc1.

Regards,
Robbie

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid Proton 0.19.0

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
+1

I checked things out as follows:
 - Verified the signature and checksum files.
 - Checked LICENCE+NOTICE files present.
 - Ran the build, tests, and installed.
 - Built Qpid Dispatch 1.0.0 and master against the earlier install,
ran the tests.
 - Built Qpid CPP 1.37.0 against the earlier install, ran the tests.
 - Ran the JMS client HelloWorld example against the built routers and broker.

Robbie

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
Ordinarily I wouldn't respin this, but since the next release will be
a bit further away, and PROTON-1721 specifically changed it to do what
it is and would then be getting put back exactly the way it was before
by PROTON-1724, respin it is :(

Posted by Alan Conway <ac...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Alan Conway <ac...@redhat.com>.
-0.5

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On 12/19/2017 04:17 PM, Robbie Gemmell wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I have put together a spin for a Qpid Proton 0.19.0 release, please
> give it a test out and vote accordingly.
>
> The source archive can be grabbed from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/proton/0.19.0-rc1/
>
> The JIRAs currently assigned are:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12313720&version=12341125
>
> It is tagged as 0.19.0-rc1.
>
> Regards,
> Robbie

+1
* Checked staged bits for license and notice files
* Validate signatures and checksum
* Built from source and ran tests
* Built the Quiver test suite using the install build and ran tests
against ActiveMQ Artemis.

--
Tim Bish
twitter: @tabish121

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid Proton 0.19.0

Posted by Ganesh Murthy <gm...@redhat.com>.
+1

* Validated signatures and checksums
* Checked for presence of LICENSE and NOTICE files.
* Compiled and installed it locally
* Compiled and ran Qpid Dispatch unit tests successfully against this
Proton.