Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Ury Stankevich <ur...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/17 17:07:08 UTC

debug questions

Hi

i have to debug rare coredump in apache with our module,
and a have a few questions about:

1. can we improve APR_BRIGADE_CHECK_CONSISTENCY to check
bucket/brigade pools to complain
 if bucket is allocated _not_ from the same pool as brigade ( and not
it ancestor)?

2. how we can safely move bucket from one pool to another ?
    make a bucket copy ( via apr_bucket_copy) but it is allocated from
the same pool as origin.

3. in debug build i have few times to replace apr_table_addn with apr_table_add
    since -n version performs additional checks for pools lifetime (if
i understand it right)
    maybe this bug in apache?
    ( server/protocol.c:799 and modules/http/http_protocol.c:252 )

apache 2.2.9 version was used.

Re: debug questions

Posted by Bojan Smojver <bo...@rexursive.com>.
On Wed, 2008-12-17 at 19:07 +0300, Ury Stankevich wrote:

> 1. can we improve APR_BRIGADE_CHECK_CONSISTENCY to check
> bucket/brigade pools to complain
>  if bucket is allocated _not_ from the same pool as brigade ( and not
> it ancestor)?
>
> 2. how we can safely move bucket from one pool to another ?
>     make a bucket copy ( via apr_bucket_copy) but it is allocated from
> the same pool as origin.

Just for clarity, you are talking about pool buckets here, right? The
ones created with apr_bucket_pool_create/make().

--
Bojan