Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org> on 2010/01/16 18:31:40 UTC

RC2 is coming

just checked in the tutorial. I guess we are good to tag the build.
Will do that either tonight or in the next couple of days.

Andrus

Re: RC2 is coming

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Looks like there was a lapse in our release evaluation procedure. I
just tried running rat tool and found a bunch of modeler Java files
without Apache license headers.

Also found a file contributed earlier by third-party that seems to
have been taken from a Sun Java Swing tutorial. Can't find it on the
Sun Java site anymore, but here is the clone of that tutorial on some
random site [1], and I am pretty sure it came from Sun. When I applied
that contribution patch, there was no way to tell it is not the
original work of the contributor, but when I was doing the review
today, I noticed some strange comments in the source, and stumbled on
that tutorial. Since Sun has specific license terms for redistribution
of their tutorial source [2] and StringTransferHandler is pretty
trivial, I just rewrote it, and deleted the original.

So now we are clear to go with RC2, but we may need to add the rat
plugin to the Maven build going forward.

Andrus

[1] http://life.csu.edu.au/java-tut/uiswing/misc/example-1dot4/StringTransferHandler.java
[2] http://developers.sun.com/license/berkeley_license.html