Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Rick Isaacs <re...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/05 08:40:07 UTC

Axis2 sample - pojoguide Unexpected EOF in prolog

Hi

Using Windows XP, Tomcat 5.5, Java 5.0, Ant 1.7, I can not get the Axis2
sample pojoguide client program, WeatherRPCClient, to send a correct SOAP
request to the the uploaded  WeatherService.

The service was correctly built using the ant task and uploaded using the
AdminServlet.

With a browser:

http://127.0.0.1:8080/axis2/services/WeatherService?wsdl

The service is OK

Here is a part of the client:

public class WeatherRPCClient {

    public static void main(String[] args1) throws AxisFault {

        RPCServiceClient serviceClient = new RPCServiceClient();

        Options options = serviceClient.getOptions ();

        EndpointReference targetEPR = new
EndpointReference("http://localhost:80/axis2/services/WeatherService
<http://localhost/axis2/services/WeatherService>");

        options.setTo (targetEPR);

        // Setting the weather

        QName opSetWeather = new QName("http://service.pojo.sample/xsd ",
"setWeather");

When I start the client

> ant rpc.client

I receive the error:

 org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxEOFException: Unexpected
EOF in prolog

And the tcpmon shows the Http request:

-----
SOAPAction: "urn:anonRobustOp"
Host: localhost
Transfer-Encoding: chunked

0

0
-----

The classpath. AXISCLASSPATH, path are set to Axis2, java and ant

Directory structure:

Tomcat 5.5/axis2/axis2-web/WEB-INF/samples/pojoguide

Rick Isaacs

Re: Axis2 sample - pojoguide Unexpected EOF in prolog

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Rick-

I dont believe CHUNKED_ENCODING is enabled as a default?.. to verify

please display contents of
%CATALINA_HOME%/webapps/axis2/WEB-INF/conf/axis2.xml

Also prolog error codes are caused by the parser so verifying the version of xerces is critical

My xerces is located at
%CATALINA_HOME%/webapps/axis2/WEB-INF/lib/xercesImpl-2.8.1.jar
(i.e. Xerces version 2.8.1)

HTH
Martin
Posted by Rick Isaacs <re...@gmail.com>.