Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Vijayadarshan REDDY <vi...@dbs.com> on 2015/04/15 12:25:03 UTC

Restriction of disk space on HDFS

Hi Guys

Quick question - Using the fair scheduler we can restrict access to map tasks, reduce tasks and overall system resources for each queue. Using the same mechanism we don't see a any parameter to allocate disk usage by the queues.

Can you pls let us know if there is there a way to do this in CDH5?

Thanks and Regards,
Vijayadarshan Reddy
T&O-Core BI Technology
DBS Bank Ltd
Email : vijayadarshan@dbs.com
Mobile : +65 83157090

CONFIDENTIAL NOTE:
The information contained in this email is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete the mail. Thank you.

Re: Restriction of disk space on HDFS

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.
HDFS and job scheduling queues are entirely different systems.

HDFS disk quota are set at a directory level and then you can intern limit
the permissions of that directory to a group and then it indirectly means
this group has this much dist quota

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: Restriction of disk space on HDFS