Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Zs...@seagate.com on 2003/10/30 17:09:44 UTC

Subversion best practices

Gurus,

I have installed subversion to host source code data for multi-site
software development, after going through the hoops with source safe.
We have about 500MB of source code, in quite many projects. We develop on
windows and use Tortoise as the windows interface to svn.
Speaking about a large corp., many people with different skill set, don't
think it is an option to have the users use the command line based tools.

With that background, what is the recommended way:
   - store all source code in one repository,
   - or brake down into separate repositories.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of using one or the other. What
are the guidelines?

Thanks,

Zsolt Domokos

Re: Subversion best practices

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
On Thu, 2003-10-30 at 11:09, Zsolt.Domokos@seagate.com wrote:
> With that background, what is the recommended way:
>    - store all source code in one repository,
>    - or brake down into separate repositories.
> What are the advantages and disadvantages of using one or the other. What
> are the guidelines?

Read this part of the svn book:

   http://svnbook.red-bean.com/html-chunk/ch05s06.html#svn-ch-5-sect-6.1