Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Butt, Dudley" <db...@metropolitan.co.za> on 2003/07/16 11:31:31 UTC

Struts and JSF?

>From what I've read in the spec so far, it seems like JSF is a kind of facelift for Struts?

NOTICE:

This message contains privileged and confidential information intended
only for the person or entity to which it is addressed.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination, copy or other use of, or
taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or
entities other than the intended recipient, is prohibited.

If you received this message in error, please notify the sender
immediately by e-mail, facsimile or telephone and thereafter delete the
material from any computer.

The New Africa Capital Group, its subsidiaries or associates do not
accept liability for any personal views expressed in this message.

Re: Struts and JSF?

Posted by Andy Richards <an...@esolution.co.uk>.
Being a newbie to struts then, is it still worth implementing the two?. I have
had a look at the integration library but not yet figured it out, ie which
would i use for validation faces or struts? which tag library to use etc ?
Does anyone know of any documentation implenting the two technologies and the
benefits of doing so?

cheers

Andy

RE: Struts and JSF?

Posted by Andrew Hill <an...@gridnode.com>.
Read it again. Its a bit cooler than that.

I reckon its more like struts the way it would have been written if Craig
knew then what he knows now. ;->

Something Ive been wondering... anyone out there also familiar with
Barracuda and can comment on how similar/dissimilar the concepts are between
barracuda and jsf?

I wonder if jsf it isnt closer to barracuda than to struts in many ways -
though unlike barracuda its not tied to any particular rendering technology.