Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Matthew Goodman <li...@signet-ring.com> on 2007/12/08 17:32:50 UTC

Using Bayes Files for Other Users

Hi all,

I have some pretty good bayes_seen and bayes_toks files, I'm down to about
2-3 spams per day (if that) with 50+ a day getting caught. Would it be
helpful for me to copy my bayes_seen and bayes_toks files to other users?

Using qmail with vpopmail setup and all users are under
/var/vpopmail/domains/domain-name/username

Thanks

Re: Using Bayes Files for Other Users

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@verizon.net>.
Matthew Goodman wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> I have some pretty good bayes_seen and bayes_toks files, I’m down to
> about 2-3 spams per day (if that) with 50+ a day getting caught. Would
> it be helpful for me to copy my bayes_seen and bayes_toks files to
> other users?
>

> Using qmail with vpopmail setup and all users are under
> /var/vpopmail/domains/domain-name/username

Possibly. It depends on how closely your nonspam mail resembles theirs.
Nearly everyone gets the same spam, but nonspam can vary widely from
user to user.

 The primary exception here is corporate mail accounts, where users in
the same department will receive very similar mail to one another.