Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Jason Marshall <j_...@live.com> on 2015/07/18 19:01:02 UTC

Build Problem

Hi everyone

I am attempting to build OpenOffice on Windows 7 32-bit having downloaded version 4.1.1 of the source code.  I have got as far as calling build, but have encountered the following error which terminates the build:

=============
Building module comphelper
=============
Entering /tmp/aoo-4.1.1/main/comphelper/prj
cd .. && make -s -r -j1   && make -s -r deliverlog
[ info  ALL ] LinkTarget Library/isal.lib not defined: Assuming headers to be there!
[ info  ALL ] LinkTarget Library/icppuhelper.lib not defined: Assuming headers to be there!
[ info  ALL ] LinkTarget Library/icppu.lib not defined: Assuming headers to be there!
[ info  ALL ] LinkTarget Library/iucbhelper.lib not defined: Assuming headers to be there!
[ info  ALL ] LinkTarget Library/ivos.lib not defined: Assuming headers to be there!
[ info  ALL ] LinkTarget Library/msvcprt.lib not defined: Assuming headers to be there!
[ info  ALL ] LinkTarget Library/uwinapi.lib not defined: Assuming headers to be there!
[ info  ALL ] LinkTarget Library/kernel32.lib not defined: Assuming headers to be there!
[ info  ALL ] LinkTarget Library/msvcrt.lib not defined: Assuming headers to be there!
[ info  ALL ] LinkTarget Library/oldnames.lib not defined: Assuming headers to be there!
[ build PKG ] comphelper_inc
[ build PCH ] precompiled_comphelper
precompiled_comphelper.cxx
awk: fatal: can't open source file `C:/cygwinc:/cygwin/tmp/aoo-4.1.1/main/solenv/gbuild/processdeps.awk' for reading (No such file or directory)
C:/cygwin/tmp/aoo-4.1.1/main/solenv/gbuild/PrecompiledHeaders.mk:49: recipe for target '/tmp/aoo-4.1.1/main/solver/411/wntmsci12.pro/workdir/PrecompiledHeader/nodebug/precompiled_comphelper.hxx.pch' failed
make: *** [/tmp/aoo-4.1.1/main/solver/411/wntmsci12.pro/workdir/PrecompiledHeader/nodebug/precompiled_comphelper.hxx.pch] Error 2
dmake:  Error code 2, while making 'all'
1 module(s):
        comphelper
need(s) to be rebuilt
Reason(s):
ERROR: error 65280 occurred while making /tmp/aoo-4.1.1/main/comphelper/prj
When you have fixed the errors in that module you can resume the build by running:
        build --all:comphelper

I have confirmed that 'processdeps.awk' does indeed exist and believe that the problem is that the script is attempting to find the file using a following directory, which is clearly invalid:

C:/cygwinc:/cygwin/tmp/aoo-4.1.1/main/solenv/gbuild

It therefore seems that for some reason the build process is using a patently incorrect file path.  I have tried to understand the workings of the 'build' script and the overall process, including looking in the relevant 'build.lst' file, but there is nothing obvious.  Also, I note that this issue was reported by someone else previously at the following link:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/openoffice-dev/201301.mbox/%3C50F54500.6050806@googlemail.com%3E

However, it did not appear to get any answer.  I am rather stumped and essentially cannot move forward, so if anyone can help, that would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jason

Re: Build Problem

Posted by Regina Henschel <rb...@t-online.de>.
Hi Jason,

Jason Marshall schrieb:
> Hi Regina
>
> Thank you for looking at this.  I have ensured that with a new Cygwin
> session I have run the following successfully:
>
>     /source winenv.set.sh/
>

> Following that, I have run the following:
>
>     /build --all:comphelper 2>&1 | tee mybuild.log/
>

> The build again did not progress past building the 'comphelper' module
> and appeared to have the same error as previously.  However, I have
> attached the log file, 'mybuild.log' that was produced.
>
> When I ran the 'configure' command, I ran this with the following
> parameters:
>
>     /./configure --with-frame-home="$SDK_PATH"
>     --with-psdk-home="$SDK_PATH" --with-midl-path="$SDK_PATH/bin"
>     --with-ant-home="/cygdrive/c/ant"
>     --with-jdk-home="/cygdrive/c/Java/jdk1.8.0_45"
>     --with-dmake-url="//https://github.com/mohawk2/dmake/archive/DMAKE_4_12.tar.gz//"
>     --with-epm-url="//https://www.msweet.org/files/project2/epm-4.2-source.tar.gz//"
>     --enable-pch --disable-atl --disable-activex --without-junit
>     --disable-directx/

Please try with removed --enable-pch
"pch" is "precompiled header support"

--with-epm-url is not needed for Windows builds.

You might want to add --without-fonts, download of "gentium" sometimes
fails.

> I have also included as a file attachment the output of running
> 'configure' and can confirm that no errors were generated, although two
> warnings were as follows, which appear to not be related to the issue here:
>
>     /checking which cppunit to use... configure: WARNING: not using cppunit/
>     /configure: WARNING: NSIS not found, no self contained installer
>     will be build./
>

> I also note from the 'configure' output that the source code is
> identified as being in the 'tmp' directory as follows:
>
>     /The variable SRC_ROOT          is set to: C:/cygwin/tmp/aoo-4.1.1/main/
>

> Do you think that it may be better for me to delete the part of the
> build that has succeeded and then unpack the source into another
> directory that is not temp?  If so, would this simply be to the root of
> the Cygwin file system?

Yes, I think it is better to put the source not under tmp or any other
directory, which is set somewhere as temp-directory.

I have always use a directory directly under C:
I have always use names without special characters.
I have never tried to put the source somewhere inside cygwin, so I
cannot say, whether that is possible.

To test, whether the tmp directory is the problem, please move the
folder aoo-4.1.1 under C: and rename it to e.g. aoo411

You need to remove all remainders of previous build tries then.
In cygwin change to the main folder of your source, then use the
following command (all in one line)
find . -maxdepth 2 -name "wntmsci12*" | xargs rm -rf

In addition you have to manually delete the wntmsci12* folders
in main/solver
in all subfolders of ext_libraries
in all subfolders of extras

Start with a new configure with parameters.

Hopefully it works better then.

Kind regards
Regina

RE: Build Problem

Posted by Jason Marshall <j_...@live.com>.
Hi Regina

[...]

If you require any further information, please do let me know.

Thanks again.

Jason

RE: Build Problem

Posted by Jason Marshall <j_...@live.com>.
Having looked again at the following build error message:

awk: fatal: can't open source file `C:/cygwinc:/cygwin/tmp/aoo-4.1.1/main/solenv/gbuild/processdeps.awk' for reading (No such file or directory)
C:/cygwin/tmp/aoo-4.1.1/main/solenv/gbuild/PrecompiledHeaders.mk:49: recipe for target '/tmp/aoo-4.1.1/main/solver/411/wntmsci12.pro/workdir/PrecompiledHeader/nodebug/precompiled_comphelper.hxx.pch' failed
make: *** [/tmp/aoo-4.1.1/main/solver/411/wntmsci12.pro/workdir/PrecompiledHeader/nodebug/precompiled_comphelper.hxx.pch] Error 2
dmake:  Error code 2, while making 'all'

I have viewed the file 'precompiled_comphelper.hxx.pch' using vi and having searched have found multiple hard-coded entries to an invalid path as follows:

C:/cygwinc:/cygwin/tmp/aoo-4.1.1/main/solver/411/wntmsci12.pro/inc/stl
C:/cygwinc:/cygwin/tmp/aoo-4.1.1/main/solver/411/wntmsci12.pro/inc/external
C:/cygwinc:/cygwin/tmp/aoo-4.1.1/main/solver/411/wntmsci12.pro/inc
C:/cygwinc:/cygwin/tmp/aoo-4.1.1/main/solenv/wntmsci12/inc
C:/cygwinc:/cygwin/tmp/aoo-4.1.1/main/solenv/inc
C:/cygwinc:/cygwin/tmp/aoo-4.1.1/main/res
C:/cygwinc:/cygwin/tmp/aoo-4.1.1/main/solver/411/wntmsci12.pro/inc/stl
C:/cygwinc:/Cygwin/tmp/aoo-4.1.1/main/solver/411/wntmsci12.pro/inc/external
C:/cygwinc:/cygwin/tmp/aoo-4.1.1/main/solver/411/wntmsci12.pro/inc
C:/cygwinc:/cygwin/tmp/aoo-4.1.1/main/solenv/wntmsci12/inc
C:/cygwinc:/cygwin/tmp/aoo-4.1.1/main/solenv/inc
C:/cygwinc:/cygwin/tmp/aoo-4.1.1/main/res

However, other paths in the same file do appear correct, as follows:

c:\cygwin\tmp\aoo-4.1.1\main\solver\411\wntmsci12.pro\workdir\linktarget\pdb\library\icomphelp.lib.pdb
I am guessing that this is a header file for the C++ code.  Based on the date and time of modification, which is at the time of my last build attempt, I am guessing that the header file is produced at build time.  However, I am struggling to understand how this erroneous path is being introduced.  Presumably it is by whatever process of creating the 'precompiled_comphelper.hxx.pch' file.  Furthermore, it seems to be only some of the paths in the header file that are incorrect, with others being correct.

I guess that at least this has narrowed things down, but I am still struggling to know where to go from here.

Re: Build Problem

Posted by Regina Henschel <rb...@t-online.de>.
Hi Jason,