Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Michael J. Pawlowsky" <mi...@mi-consultants.com> on 2004/12/09 15:20:35 UTC

Compiling 1.1.1 for Fedora Core 1

I'm trying to complile subversion 1.1.1-4 on a Fedora Core 1 machine.
I grabbed a source RPM from  RedHat  Fedora Core Development and when I
try to build the rpm's with the unmodified spec file it stops at the
following point.

In file included from subversion/bindings/swig/python/svn_client.c:1140:
/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/subversion-1.1.1/subversion/bindings/swig/python/libsvn_swig_py/swigutil_py.h:38:32:python/precommon.swg:
No such file or directory
make: *** [subversion/bindings/swig/python/svn_client.lo] Error 1

RPM build errors:

Can someone point me in the right direction to fix this.

Thanks,
Mike

Re: Compiling 1.1.1 for Fedora Core 1

Posted by Kenneth Porter <sh...@sewingwitch.com>.
--On Thursday, December 09, 2004 11:15 AM -0500 "Michael J. Pawlowsky"
<mi...@mi-consultants.com> wrote:

> When I compiled/built swig 1.3-23-2 it did not build a swig-devel
> package. I took a look around for a fedora swig-devel package but could
> not find one. Is there someway I can make a devel package from the swig
> 1.2-23 source or simply find out what needs to be copied where?

I have swig-1.3.21-6 installed but no -devel package, so that must have
been sufficient at the time. Perhaps 1.3-23-2 broke the development path.
There was some traffic on the subversion-devel list recently about issues
with swig versions. You might want to look at that and see if it sounds
relevant. I'd also suggest registering a bug in Red Hat's bugzilla against
the subversion package, as it should indicate what package is needed to
build it.

Re: Compiling 1.1.1 for Fedora Core 1

Posted by "Michael J. Pawlowsky" <mi...@mi-consultants.com>.

Posted by Kenneth Porter <sh...@sewingwitch.com>.