Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Robert L. Harris" <Ro...@rdlg.net> on 2002/01/11 01:03:16 UTC

Vhosts?

  I'm trying to set up something a bit odd.  I have 2 web servers.  One
to be publicly visable, one to be in a dark hole, but the first can see
the second.  I have this for starters:

NameVirtualHost site1.company.com
<VirtualHost site1>
    ServerName site1.company.com
    ServerAdmin nomad@rdlg.net
    DocumentRoot /var/www1/html
#
    Redirect /	http://holeserver.company.com
    RewriteRule ^.*holeserver.*company.com/(.*)         http://site1.company.com/$1 [L,R]
#
    ErrorLog logs/site1
    CustomLog logs/site1.custom common
</VirtualHost>

  The theory is that if I got to the virtual server on my public server it'll
access and serve up the internal server.  This is working well except it
sends out the URL for the internal server which is then broken.  I tried
to use the RewriteRule to fix this, but it's not rewriting.

Help?

:wq!
                                \_       that important!
DISCLAIMER: