Posted to dev@libcloud.apache.org by anthony shaw <an...@apache.org> on 2017/07/10 17:58:53 UTC

[dev] [VOTE] Release Apache Libcloud 2.1.0

This is the second 2.x release, containing major improvements as well as
bug fixes for 2.0

A new -tentative tag is committed and can be found at
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=libcloud.git;a=tree;hb=605821335f15ee9eeefee826ada55b97c4fd0065

A full list of changes can be found at:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=libcloud.git;a=blob_plain;f=CHANGES.rst;hb=605821335f15ee9eeefee826ada55b97c4fd0065

Major changes include

- New drivers (Google Container Engine)
- Improvements to our OpenStack support, adding Keystone 3 and Nova 2.x
- Use PyTest as the unit testing runner
- Use of LXML is now disabled by defalt, use
libcloud.utils.py3.DEFAULT_LXML = True to reenable. LXML has compatibility
  issues with a number of drivers and etree is a standard package

Minor changes include

- [AWS] Update prices and fix some region names
- Fix bug in utils.decorators wrap exception method, used by vsphere driver
- Switch RawResponse class to use content body instead of text body,
up to 10x performance improvement for methods like
StorageDriver.download_object
- [GCE] Add loadBalancingScheme parameter for
 ex_create_forwarding_rule method in GCE driver.
- [GCE] Fix error codes not being parsed in certain scenarios
- [EC2] Fix node's Block Device Mapping was parsed from incorrect mapping.
  EbsInstanceBlockDevice is different from EbsBlockDevice.
- [GANDI] Fixes the location name in image and instance type classes
- [GCE] Fix method for create instance properties, it previously
ignored the disk type parameter and defaulted to pd-standard.
- Fix missing return data from EC2 billing product methods
- Handle [VULTR] API rate limiting
- Fix Kili driver not correctly fixing the auth version for openstack
to 2.0_password
- [EC2] Add i3 instance types for AWS
- [VULTR] Extend extra dict of Vultr sizes to include additional
fields (plan_type and available_locations)
- [KUBERNETES] Fix get_container method responding with None
- [DOCKER] Fix for start_container method
- [DOCKER] fix add an extra check otherwise list_containers breaks
with AttributeError when fromImages is specified
- [S3] Fix raise in s3.upload_object_via_stream

Release artifacts can be found at

http://people.apache.org/~anthonyshaw/libcloud/2.1.0/

Note that KEYS file can found at
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/libcloud/KEYS

Please test the release and post your votes.

+/- 1
[  ]  Release Apache Libcloud 2.1.0

Vote will be open until July 17th, 2017.

Thanks,
Anthony

Re: [dev] [VOTE] Release Apache Libcloud 2.1.0

Posted by Francisco Javier Ros Muñoz <fj...@doalitic.com>.
Got it :)

[+1] Release Apache Libcloud 2.1.0

Best,
--
Francisco J. Ros

Posted by Allard Hoeve <al...@gmail.com>.
Haven't tested, sorry :+0:

Posted by Francisco Javier Ros Muñoz <fj...@doalitic.com>.
Hi Anthony,

Posted by anthony shaw <an...@gmail.com>.
Vote is now closed

[+1] - 4 (3 binding)
[0] - 1
[-1] - 0

Release vote has passed, I will prepare the release today

Posted by Tomaz Muraus <to...@apache.org>.

Posted by Eric Johnson <er...@apache.org>.
Ran through tests, verified checksums. LGTM.

  [+1]  Release Apache Libcloud 2.1.0

Thanks for pushing out a new release Ant.