Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Ramon Gonzalez <ra...@prarl.org> on 2002/07/24 05:18:10 UTC

Log files date/time stamp

Hello,

In version 2.0.a2 I was getting my log files datestamp like this:
Mon May 13 23:48:43 EDT 2002 [DEBUG  ]

Now with version 2.0.a3 the datestamp is shown in millis. In my spare time
Ive looked at the code and figured the change is in logKit and somewhere in
server.xml, , but I can't figure what I need to change so all logs show in a
format I can define.

I was looking at http://jakarta.apache.org/avalon/logkit/whitepaper.html but
I can't figure where to make changes from the JAMES point of view.

Any clues?? Thanks.

Re: Log files date/time stamp

Posted by Hontvari Jozsef <ho...@solware.com>.
Yes, I have noticed using raw millisecond(?) values in the log files. Is
this intentional or a bug?

Raw milliseconds mean nothing to me. Even if the reason is performance, then
at least the *default* should be a human-readable timestamp in an
international standard ISO 8601 datetime format.

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>