Posted to user@hivemind.apache.org by Jo...@proalpha.de on 2007/10/17 13:59:39 UTC

Hivemind can't find hivemodule.xml with Axis2

Hello!

I have a problem with Hivemind and Axis2.

Hivemind can't find the hivemodule.xml to configure my service.

I have a hivemind service bundled to a jar.

Then I made a POJO - Wrapper class and deployed this POJO as a web
service with Axis2.

The wrapper class is like this:

public class QueryLuceneIndex {

      private IndexService idxService;

      public QueryLuceneIndex() {

            Registry registry =
RegistryBuilder.constructDefaultRegistry();

          idxService = (IndexService)
registry.getService(IndexService.class);

      }

      /**

       * Delegate to <em>queryLuceneIndex</em> in

       *
<link>com.proalpha.java.util.lucene.services.IndexService</link>

       * Must convert from Axis2-XML-Format to DOM.

       * @param queryId

       * @param xmlQuery

       * @return Hits as a string in XML-Format

       */

      public String queryLuceneIndex(String queryId, OMElement xmlQuery)
{

            try {

                  Element elem = SAAJUtil.toDOM(xmlQuery);

                  return idxService.queryLuceneIndex(queryId,
elem.getOwnerDocument());

            } catch (Exception e) {

                  e.printStackTrace();

            }

            return "";

      }

}

Axis2 is installed as a TomCat WebApp.

Directory structure on Tomcat is like this (not complete, just the
interesting directories):

Tomcat 5.5

      Webapps

            Axis2

                  Axis2-web

                  META-INF

                  WEB-INF

                        Services

                             Webservice.aar

                        Lib

                             Hivemind-service.jar

Hivemind-service.jar is my hivemind service.

Webservice.aar is the POJO exposed as web service.

Now I want to contribute some configurations to my hivemind service.

First thought was: put a hivemodule.xml either in META-INF or in WEB-INF
of the Axis web application.

This failed.

Putting the hivemodule.xml in META-INF in webservice.aar failed, too.

So: where do I have to put my hivemodule.xml?

Thank you for any advice!

Regards,

Jochen

AW: Hivemind can't find hivemodule.xml with Axis2

Posted by Jo...@proalpha.de.
Thank you, that works :-)

Regards,
Jochen

Try putting it in WEB-INF/classes/META-INF.

Re: Hivemind can't find hivemodule.xml with Axis2

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.