Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Ma...@fiducia.de on 2011/06/08 15:36:28 UTC

Axis2 1.6.0

Hello,

I'm wondering what happened to the announced Axis2 1.6.0-Version. I can't
find any download possibility...
My problem is, that the issue AXIS2-4810 will be fixed in 1.6 and I need
the fix quite quickly. Or maybe there will be a 1.5.5 with some fixes?
Until an official bugfixed version is released I have to make some not nice
work arounds...

Anyway - 1.6.0 was scheduled for february, than on may 17th. We have now
June and th 1.6 is still nowhere to find...
Any ideas?

Greetings,
Marcin Markiewicz

Fiducia IT AG
Fiduciastraße 20
76227 Karlsruhe

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Karlsruhe
AG Mannheim HRB 100059

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Gregor Scheller
Vorsitzender des Vorstands: Michael Krings
Stellv. Vorsitzender des Vorstands: Klaus-Peter Bruns
Vorstand: Jens-Olaf Bartels, Hans-Peter Straberger

Umsatzsteuer-ID.Nr. DE143582320, http://www.fiducia.de

Re: Axis2 1.6.0

Posted by Sagara Gunathunga <sa...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 7:06 PM,  <Ma...@fiducia.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm wondering what happened to the announced Axis2 1.6.0-Version. I can't
> find any download possibility...

Not sure whether you miss this mail [1] that explain about 1.6.0 release.

> My problem is, that the issue AXIS2-4810 will be fixed in 1.6 and I need the
> fix quite quickly. Or maybe there will be a 1.5.5 with some fixes?
> Until an official bugfixed version is released I have to make some not nice
> work arounds...

If it's a urgent case you can download 1.6.0 distributions from here
[2] , those are official 1.6.0 artifacts and will copy same contents
to the main dist area.

> Anyway - 1.6.0 was scheduled for february, than on may 17th. We have now
> June and th 1.6 is still nowhere to find...
> Any ideas?

1.6.0 release originally scheduled in Feb and there was a release vote
too but we found some broken samples and some other issues with the
RC. BTW now we have released Axis2 1.6.0 and Sandesha2 1.6.0 also
there is a ongoing vote for Rampart 1.6.0 release. Most potbelly we
can release official announcement for all three projects together end
of this week.

[1] - http://markmail.org/message/q2hzdzvzny6dn4u5
[2] - http://people.apache.org/~sagara/dist/axis2/1.6.0/

Thanks !